The Makerfire Armor 65 (and it’s cousin the LDARC Tiny 6X) is a good entry-level whoop package. However, it has a few problems for me. First, the motors are brushed(!!!). Second, the FC has no OSD. So I build a prototype Armor 65 or Tiny 6X brushless whoop.
Parts and Equipment
For this build, I used the following:
- Boldclash BWhoop B06 65mm frame kit or the improved URUAV UR65 frame kit
- Armor 65 canopy or the similar LDARC Tiny 6X canopy
- Armor 65 propellers or the similar LDARC Tiny 6X propellers
- Crazybee Flysky FC and ESC
- Turbowing Cyclops 2 5.8G 48CH 25mW 700TVL Camera and VTX
- Happymodel SE0603 16000KV Motors
- Soldering iron
- Soldering wire
- Desoldering pump
- Wire snips
- Double-sided tape
- Prepare frame. Im using the older, Boldclash BWhoop B06 65mm frame so I need to drill out the holes for the shaft and shaft clip
- Solder a battery pigtail connector to the FC
- Solder the VTX and camera wires to the FC.
- Mount the props on the motors
- Mount the motors and props to the frame.
- Mount the electronics onto the frame
- Install the props and the canopy
- Connect the motor plugs to the motor sockets and put on the battery holder.
- Check continuity between B+ and B- with a multitester. There should be NO continuity.
- Cross your fingers, plug-in the battery and check for magic smoke