FlyPlus is firmware for the entry-level Flysky i6 transmitter. It transforms the humble but capable 6-channel transmitter into a powerful 14-channel transmitter with timer and alarms among others.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t very straightforward on the Mac, for me at least. The available updaters are for Windows and Linux. I tried Wine, setting it up to no avail. Finally, I stumbled on the discussion thread on this issue on github repository of the original Flysky i6 Mod. And that finally did it for me.
Parts and Equipment
- Download and install the Silicon Labs CP210x driver from https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers
- Download the latest FlyPlus release from https://github.com/qba667/FlySkyI6/releases and put it to the folder ~/Flysky
- Download file “flysky_updater.go” from https://github.com/mhils/flysky-updater and put it to the same folder ~/Flysky
- Install Golang with dependencies:
brew install go
go get github.com/cheggaaa/pb
go get github.com/tarm/serial
go get gopkg.in/alecthomas/kingpin.v2
go get github.com/AlecAivazis/survey.
- Connect the firmware update cable and run firmware update mode. Throttle trim down, yaw trim right, power on:
- Run updater with command: go run flysky_updater.go:
FlyPlus firmware mod for the Flysky i6: https://github.com/qba667/FlySkyI6
Original firmware mod for the Flysky i6 Mod: https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlySky-i6-Mod-
Cross-platform open source updater for the Flysky i6: https://github.com/mhils/flysky-updater